RV Insurance

For most RV owners, RVs are a mix between a vehicle and a sort of second home. If you need to insure the RV you just bought, here's what you need to know about how Casterlin Insurance Brokerage in Wolcott, NY can help.

Home and Auto

One of the strangest things about RV insurance is the fact that it is a combination of home and auto insurance. Since you're going to be driving your RV on the road with other vehicles, you're required to carry liability insurance in New York just like you are with auto insurance. However, sometimes, RVs are stationary for quite some time. In these cases, RV coverage can often be suspended for a short period, so you don't have to pay for coverage you're not using. This is common with RV insurance and is a great way to save a little money if you know you won't be using your RV for an extended time.

Towable or Motorized

The type of RV you have goes a long way toward determining what kind of New York RV insurance policy you need. Motorized RVs are the type that you can drive while towable RVs need to be hooked up to another vehicle and towed down the road. If you've got a towable RV, you don't need to purchase liability insurance for your RV since it's already covered under your car insurance. However, motorized RVs are a different story entirely since they're driven on the road without an accompanying insured vehicle.

If you're the proud owner of an RV in Wolcott, NY, or around the state, you can't simply neglect to get the right insurance. Thankfully, Casterlin Insurance Brokerage is here to help. To find out more about what kind of RV insurance you need and get a free quote, give us a call today to speak with an agent.

Our Partners